Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mistaken

Hey everyone. I wanted to write a follow-up on one of my posts a couple of weeks ago. In that post I said that I noticed a ton of errors in autobiographies. This past weekend I figured I buy another one and read through it since we had a long weekend (yes it was another wrestling one.) Being the pessimist that I am I thought that this one would be the worst book in terms of editing. I was alarmed to find out that the book was very well written and had few errors. It's interesting to note that the author of the book didn't even graduate from high school. Hopefully the trend continues when I read more autobiographies and I don't have to read them with a red pencil in hand.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Ryan, could you tell us who the publisher is? I'm curious to know if it's (1) a company with a good reputation, (2) a company formed by the author (that is, the book was self-published), or (3) a small, little-known company.

Pat said...

Sorry, I forgot to say that the answer to the question is important because it can help us determine the role of the editor in producing the book.

Ry said...

The publisher was Pocket Books and they pretty much publsih all of the autobiographies for the WWE.