Friday, September 14, 2007

Blogging instructions

I thought I would post these instructions, which I originally e-mailed to everyone, as a reminder of what to do.

Please do the following:

1. post a question or comment by Wednesday so that I can reply before
class on Friday;

2. read everything posted by your classmates by the start of class.

I may bring these things up in class and include them in your tests, so
it's important to keep up. Here are examples of things you can post:

• Choose a sentence from the newspaper article that you thought was
especially bad. Analyze what's wrong with it and state how you would
edit it.

• Choose a term from your homework and give the definition you found in
a grammar book; then compose a sentence that illustrates the term. For
example, you might choose the term "misplaced modifier" and give this
sentence as an example of it: "Running for the bus, my shoelaces became
untied."

Be sure to contact me if you have any questions, and please remember
that your grade depends in part on your participation in the blog.

No comments: